Our Approach to Sustainability
At Culligan we are making a real difference to the health and wellness of people throughout the world.
An ongoing commitment to sustainability will both help us shape a better world and create new opportunities for growth and global change. Our goal is to do everything we can in the areas where we are best equipped to truly effect change, and make a positive impact.
Helping to build greater health and better outcomes for all.
Sustainable eco-friendly provider of premium drinking water and treatment solutions.
Fewer single-use plastic bottles are used globally every year thanks to Culligan’s water products.
Single-use plastic bottles are saved annually from every bottle-free system installed.
Reduced demand for cleaning products when consumers use a Culligan water softener.
Homes and offices across the globe use our cleaner drinking water.
Carbon footprint reduction when using Culligan bottle-free systems.
At Culligan, we have developed a core set of commitments, which align with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to make a positive social and environmental impact.
1. Greater sustainability through the reduction of single-use plastics
- Eliminate the equivalent of 100 billion single-use plastic bottles by 2025 in our value chain
- Reduce Culligan’s plastic footprint in our own operations and supply chain
- Promote longer product life through quality and maintenance
- Improve end-of-life product management and waste management
2. Encouraging health and wellness through safer and cleaner water
- Provide over 50 million people across the globe with safer, cleaner drinking water each year
- Raise awareness on water quality at the tap and around freshwater conservation
- Promote filtered drinking water
- Reduce wastewater contamination from cleaning products
3. Mitigating climate change
- Increase the percentage of Culligan product portfolio to be rated energy efficient by 2030
- Reduce household energy consumption through the use of our water softeners
- Reduce the carbon footprint of our own operations and logistics
- Improve efficiency and use of natural resources throughout our product life cycle
4. Increasing diversity, equity and inclusion
- Increase women in management across the world by 25% by 2025
- Increase minorities in management by 25% in the US by 2025
- Promote equity and non-discrimination within the organisation
- Increase employee satisfaction
5. Promoting responsible business conduct
- Embed responsible business conduct into policies and management systems across our company
- Increase safety training as well as management and awareness within the organisation to lower our RIR and LTIR
- Conduct environmental and human rights due diligence with our main suppliers and partners
- Set up a Responsible Supply policy across businesses