The Culligan HE – The Worlds Most Efficient Water Softener
Optional Features & Accessories
• Smart Brine Tank Probe – monitors salt usage and communicates how much salt is left, also providing alarms should errors such as salt bridging occur..
• Culligan’s remote display makes it possible to control and monitor the softener remotely up to 60-m away (where building conditions allow).
• Telemetry options – a modem can be fitted to alert Culligan if salt is needed or the softener needs service.
• RS232, RS485, Modbus PLC Output.
• Resin disinfection during regeneration to ensure high quality water is continuously provided to service.
Culligan HE (High Efficiency) Softener
The World’s Most Efficient Water Softener is now WRAS approved.
For high-efficiency water softening, nothing can match the intelligent technology of the Culligan HE high efficiency series of softeners. The patented technologies found in the Culligan HE softener series optimise salt, water and electricity consumption by up to 46% over traditional softeners*, making it the most efficient water softener in the world.
HE Water Softener applications
1mm of scale can decreases efficiency within heating equipment by 10%!
• Culligan’s proportional upflow brining allows your softener to only regenerate that part of the resin bed that has been exhausted, which allows up to 24% higher capacity at the same salt dosage when compared to down flow systems.
• Culligan’s Smart Controller – More control over your equipment with programming and monitoring capabilities typically found in more expensive PLC controls. The unit is compatible with modern Building Management Systems, providing all essential data and alarms. The controller comes with a 5-year battery back-up with low-battery alarm preventing the loss of settings, and keeps the system functioning in the event of a power outage.
• Automatic bypass valve provides the convenience of bypassing the water softener from the softener itself or the remote display.
• Culligan’s Dial-a-Softness® control lets you choose the hardness level by automatically blending mains and soft water.
• Exclusive Culligan® Soft-Minder® meter monitors daily water use and provides advanced system diagnostics.
• Culligan exclusive, corrosion resistant valve using motorised pistons that provide more reliability than traditional rotary valve systems.
• Multi-piston design of valve – allows for easy service and increases durability and valve life.
•1” units come with high-impact Quadra-hull® resin tanks with a 4-layer reinforced design. Suitable for medical applications. 1.5” units come with corrosion resistant resin tanks made from fiberglass reinforced polyester.
• Long-lasting brine tank with corrosion-proof components and Dubl-Safe brine refill control ensures proper operation.
• All HE softeners use FDA approved Cullex® resin media assuring stability and long life.
Culligan HE Duplex TWIN
HE Duplex Alternating Twin
The Cullligan HE Duplex Alternating Twin provides uninterrupted conditioned water 24 hours a day.
Two independent mineral tanks provide a continuous supply of soft water; when one tank is exhausted, the second tank takes over while the first regenerates.
The duplex alternating system benefits from upflow** proportional regeneration, which allows up to 24% higher capacity at the same salt dosage when compared to down flow systems.
Learn more about the our High Efficiency water softener
HE Progressive Flow
With Culligan’s patented Progressive Flow feature, you can size softeners based on average water usage, which helps reduce costs.
The feature is best suited for applications requiring intermittent/periodic high flow rates.
The Culligan® Smart Controller monitors water demand and brings the additional tank(s) online or offline as the flow demand changes. In this formation up to 6 Culligan HE softeners can be connected in series.
* 46% less versus a time clock regeneration softener.
** Upflow proportional regeneration currently only available on the Duplex Alternating System. Duplex Progressive flow units are downflow regeneration only.